1. I was once licked by a cow!
2. I collect mugs.
3. My husband and I, met, bought a house, and got married in the space of about 18 months. When you know, you know ;0)
4. I love old 80’s movies. One of my favorites being Rocky!
5. I studied sociology, Media studies and art at college.
Five facts about your newest book that people won’t know. Some background history on one of your characters maybe? Maybe it was going to be called something completely different to start out with? Is it the same genre it started out as?...
1. Mia is a name that I originally had pegged for one of my daughters, but me and my husband could never agree. It seems I finally got to call a daughter Mia after all, even if she is just a character.
2. Limerence was originally going to be YA. It was set as the main characters being college students and not college teachers.
3. Delamere forest and The Island is a completely fictional place. The Island was an idea I came up with after watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and my doctors is called the Delamere medical
practice. I could never decide whether I wanted it to be based in America or England and so I made it so that I never state where it actually is so that it fits comfortably wherever the reader wants.
4. Originally Mr. Breckt was very much like Damon for The Vampire Diaries. Cocky and cheeky, but after 20’000 words I decided his transformation to a broken man would be better if he was more calm and mysterious to start with.
5. My favorite character is Donovan. He has a very sad background story which made me cry when I write it.
Five facts about your next book… Name, genre, expected date of release…
1. A lot of Nina’s humor is based on my own. Seriously, these are the kind of weird
thoughts that I think in times of crisis!
2. I came up with the idea for Odium when I was sat in church with my daughter.
3. I’ve always wanted to write a zombie book, though I actually have a very real fear of them, so the fear I used throughout the book is my own.
4. Most of the characters stories in the book are based on answers that my FB fans gave me. I asked if anyone wanted to fill in a survival questionnaire for a chance at having a character named after them and got a great response back. Of course everything and everyone is embellished upon, but a lot of the ‘plans’ are peoples very real and actual plans that they have in place.
5. My favorite character is Mikey. I think I have a very disturbing crush on him.
Three tips that you think might be useful for other authors… anything you want. It could be, to write a certain amount every day, only write after midnight and never get Gizmo wet (Sorry, that’s Gremlins not writers! My bad.) Maybe it’s some information that was given to you that has helped your process…
1. Do it! Don’t be afraid to try something new, but also, don’t be afraid to hear criticism.
2. Read, read and read. Read everything. Even if it isn’t your normal genre or your style of writing, you never know what story will sink it’s teeth into you.
3. If editing yourself, get as many people to look at it as possible. Everyone will miss something!